These chocolate hemp protein brownies are an indulgent treat! They can be enjoyed as they are or with some fresh berries and (vegan) ice-cream.
- 1.5 cups flour (use spelt, hemp flour or any flour to suit your dietary requirements)
- 1 cup ECS Botanics Hemp Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 70g dark chocolate (melted)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Hemp Seed Oil
- 1 cup of maple syrup or another liquid sweetener
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp Hemp Hearts (optional)
- Preheat over to 180 degreed celsius.
- Line brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, Hemp Protein Powder, cacao and salt, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry mixture and add wet ingredients. If the mixture looks dry, add some more coconut milk.
- Pour into the brownie tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle Hemp Hearts over the top (optional)
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes. Using a fork, stick into the middle of the brownie and if it comes out clean, it is ready. Sprinkle Hemp Hearts on top of the mix
- Let the brownie cool completely before cutting into squares
- Add some fresh berries and (vegan) ice cream if you wish and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to know more about hemp? Read the What is Hemp? information page.