Alfredo you say? This vegan hemp seed alfredo sauce will change your life, just ensure you make enough for seconds. The main ingredients are our hemp seeds blended with cashews, you add in other flavours and spices to create a thick and creamy consistency, great to topple over pasta, vegetables or if you are feeling like an alfredo deluxe, just consume it by the spoonful. We cannot thank @blissfulbasic enough for sharing this quick, easy, vegan happy recipe.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews*
- 1/2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk*
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt (I recommend using a full teaspoon if you are not going to salt your pasta!)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Small pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Soak the cashews in warm water for at least 30 minutes to soften. Drain before using.
- Add all ingredients to a high-powered blend and blend on high for 2 minutes or until super creamy and smooth.
- Serve over your favourite pasta or veggies.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
*To make this sauce nut-free, omit the raw cashews and use 1 cup shelled hemp seeds and nut-free plant-based milk.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to know more about hemp? Read the What is Hemp? information page.