A delicious, super healthy veggie burger made using beets, hemp seeds and sunflower seeds. Easy and quick to make, it's perfect for a mid-week dinner!
- 1/3 ECS Botanics Hemp Hearts
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 small beetroots
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp parsley
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 3 tbsp ECS Botanics Hemp Hearts (keep separate from the first lot above)
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds (keep separate from the first lot above)
- 4 tbsp of oats
- your choice of favourite burger toppings
- Grind Hemp Hearts and sunflower seeds down to a coarse consistency.
- Grate 2 beetroots.
- Place the ground Hemp Hearts, sunflower seeds and grated beetroot in a food processor. Add the salts, cumin, parsley, pepper, ground coriander and onion powder. Blend for a few seconds to bring everything together. It should be rustic blend (not a puree).
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add in coconut cream, oats and final 3 table spoons of Hemp Hearts and sunflower seeds. Mix everything together with a spoon until everything is evenly combined.
- shape into patty shapes. The mixture will be really moist although it should hold together easily.
- You can pop these in the fridge until you are ready to cook them. Putting them in the fridge will also help them to firm up a little.
- When ready, carefully place them onto a wire grill tray. Grill under a medium to low heat for about 10 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Serve with your favourite burger toppings and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to know more about hemp? Read the What is Hemp? information page.