This flavourful hemp and pecorino crusted salmon makes for a quick and easy meal that’s loaded with protein, gluten-free and low-carb! The crunchy texture of our hemp seeds will turn that frown upside down. Give it a try today, thank you @eatingbirdfood for this super easy recipe.
- 4 (5-6 oz) salmon filets
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup ECS Botanics Hemp Hearts
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon slices, for serving
- sea salt and pepper, for serving
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 276
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 39g
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Add salmon skin side down and rub a little olive oil over each filet.
- Combine Hemp Hearts, grated cheese, basil, parsley, 1 teaspoon olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Cover the top of each filet with the Hemp Heart and cheese mixture and press down with your hands to help the mixture stick.
- Place salmon in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. You can also broil the salmon for the last two minutes to get a brown and crisp crust. Just be sure to use foil instead of parchment if you’re going to broil. Serve salmon with a slice of lemon, salt and pepper.