Hemp milk is a powerful plant-based alternative to cow's milk...
It's easy to make and is rich in high-quality plant protein, healthy fats and minerals.
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 3-4 cups water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk!)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 whole date, pitted (Optional)
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract (Optional)
Feeling like something a little extra?
For Chocolate Hemp Milk, add:
- 2 Tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
For Berry Milk, add:
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup fresh berries
Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn't splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavor/sweetness. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed.
Pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more).
- Enjoy cold (and shake well) for best results.
- Delicious straight from the jar, in smoothies, with granola, or in baked goods!