Hemp milk is a powerful plant-based alternative to cow's milk...
It's easy to make and is rich in high-quality plant protein, healthy fats and minerals.
- 1/2 cup Hemp Seeds
- 3-4 cups water (use less water for thicker, creamier milk)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 whole date, pitted (optional)
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Feeling like something a little extra?
For Chocolate Hemp Milk, add:
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
For Berry Milk, add:
- 1/4 cup fresh berries
Add hemp seeds, water, salt, and any additional add-ins (optional) to a high-speed blender. Top with lid and cover with a towel to ensure it doesn't splash. Blend for about 1 minute or until the mixture seems well combined.
Scoop out a small sample with a spoon to test flavour/sweetness. Add more dates, salt, or vanilla as needed.
Pour over a large mixing bowl or pitcher covered with a nut milk bag, very thin towel, or a clean T-shirt.
Transfer to a sealed container and refrigerate.
- Will keep in the refrigerator up to 5 days (sometimes more).
- Enjoy cold (and shake well) for best results.
- Delicious straight from the jar, in smoothies, with granola, or in baked goods
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to know more about hemp? Read the What is Hemp? information page.