Chocolatey and rich hemp protein brownies, you say? Well we have the perfect recipe thanks to @goodhemp. Not only do these brownies help you get your protein fix, our hemp hearts are all-natural and perfectly balanced omega 3 & 6. Nutritional benefits and the answer to all your post meal cravings.
- 65g dark chocolate
- 20g white chocolate
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 100g dairy free butter
- 75g ECS Botanics protein powder
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 flax-egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 20g cocoa powder
- 50g ECS Botanics Hemp Seed Hearts
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl suspended over simmering water. Once melted, leave to cool.
- Line a square baking tin (25cm x 30cm) with baking paper.
- Sift all the flours, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- Whisk the flax-eggs, sugar and vanilla then pour the cooled chocolate mix into the flax-eggs and sugar in 3 batches.
- Re-sift the dry ingredients into the chocolate and flax-egg mix in 3 inclusions, repeat the process of gently folding in the ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 25 minutes. Once baked, the centre should not wobble when shaken.
- Leave the hemp brownie bake to cool down completely, then place in the fridge until cold.
- Meanwhile, toast the Hemp Seed Hearts in the oven at 180 C until they are golden and release a nutty aroma. Leave them to cool down.
- Sprinkle the toasted Hemp seed hearts over the hemp brownie bake.
- Cut the hemp brownie bake into desired portion sizes (or keep it all to yourself).