This very low carb recipe uses hemp seeds, among other nuts and seeds, to give you a dense bread that is beautifully flavoured and naturally gluten-free.
It is also ketogenic/paleo and slightly addictive.
- 150g almond meal
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 40g pepitas
- 50g almond
- 50g Hemp Seeds
- 10g black sesame seeds
- 15g coconut flour
- 5g apple cider vinegar
- 65g coconut oil
- 5g bicarbonate soda
- 5g salt flakes
- 6 free-range eggs
- Extra hemp and sesame to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 22cm x 11cm loaf tine with baking paper
- Chop sunflower seeds, pepitas and almonds until fin, (but not too fine you still want some yummy chunky bits).
- Combine with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Scoop batter into the prepared loaf tin. Bake 45 - 50 minutes
- Cool on wire rack.
- Slice thin
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months
Top with Chocolate Hemp Seed Butter
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Want to know more about hemp? Read the What is Hemp? information page.